Are you thinking about a bug sweep & you’re electronic security?
If you are going to commission a bug sweep or similar counter surveillance test, make sure you take some time to consider all the areas.
You should be asking yourself a few questions about what you are trying to achieve and who you are using for the task, see some of the basics below.
- Will you be looking for all the different types of wireless audio bugs
- Can you find filming equipment that’s not transmitting
- Will you look at my cctv and Wi-Fi security system
- Do you check my phone line and phone system
- Do you have the capability to discover dormant bugging devices
- Will you analyse my internal and external Wi-Fi networks.
- When will you conduct the inspection and how long will it take
- Do I need to submit my mobile phone to you for tests
- Do you have to drive my vehicles or car to check for GPS tracking equipment
- What sort of bugging device may be in my vehicles
- Do you check my computer for Malware and Trojan spy ware
- Can you explain to me in simple terms what you will be doing
- Do you provide a full consultation service before and after the task is finished
- Do you have to check my staff or other people close to me
- Can you recommend what measures I should take given the result of the search
- Is what you are doing legal and am I breaking the law in any way
- Is it true that somebody can hack through my phone and view images through the camera
Above are a few pointers for you to work with, hopefully you will be using a professional who is experienced and understands fact from fiction.
Having the knowledge to run the correct tests requires experience & understanding.
Some aspects of the task can be very low tech and must be acknowledged before you continue with any plan to secure your electronic environment.